Friday, April 08, 2011


(Melanie wearing my glasses.)

Yesterday I babysat my two grandchildren Melanie (2) and Ryan (10 months). At one point, I scolded Melanie for being rough with the dog, but she averted her eyes when I spoke to her. I  repeated several times, "Melanie, look at me!" I wanted her to look into my eyes because then I knew she was listening and giving me her full attention. But, she didn't want to look at me and she didn't want to hear what I had to say.

I wonder how many times we avert our gaze from the Lord when He is trying to discipline or guide us; we don't want to hear what He has to say. God wants us to look into His eyes through the Bible and prayer; He wants to know that He has our full attention.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide (to counsel or advise) you with My eye." Psalm 32:8

Are you looking into His face?

2 comments:

Jeannie St. JohnTaylor said...

Such darling grand daughters. Great post. Love the photos.

Sharon said...

So true... and great photo! She's a cutie pie for sure :)